SNMP and Telnet interface support delivers comprehensive in-band management, and a CLI management console provides detailed out-of-band management
Model: HWIC 4ESW
More Info: External link
Cisco EtherSwitch 4- and 9-Port High-Speed WAN Interface Cards
The 4- and 9-port Cisco EtherSwitch® 10/100 high-speed WAN interface cards (HWICs) supported on the Cisco 1800 (modular)/1941, Cisco 2800/2900, and Cisco 3800/3900 series integrated services routers offer small-to-large-size businesses and enterprise branch office customers the option to integrate switching and routing in one device. This combination offers ease of configuration, deployment, and management while using the powerful characteristics of Cisco routing and Cisco Catalyst® switching features.
Typical Converged Deployment for a Small-to-Large Enterprise Branch Office with IP Phone
Target Applications: Data, voice, and video
Supported Router Platforms
● Cisco 1800 (modular), Cisco 2800, and Cisco 3800 series integrated services routers:
● Cisco 1841 (supports HWIC-4ESW only; no PoE support)
● Cisco 2801
● Cisco 2811
● Cisco 2821
● Cisco 2851
● Cisco 3825
● Cisco 3845
• Cisco 1941
• Cisco 2901
• Cisco 2911
• Cisco 2921
• Cisco 2951
• Cisco 3925
• Cisco 3945
● HWIC-4ESW = Single-wide HWIC form factor
● HWIC-D-9ESW = Double-wide HWIC form factor
Dimensions (W x D x H)
● HWIC-4ESW = 3.08 x 4.74 x 0.76 in.
● HWIC-D-9ESW = 6.20 x 4.74 x 0.76 in.
● HWIC-4ESW = 79 grams (0.17 lb)
● HWIC-4ESW-POE = 108 grams (0.24 lb)
● HWIC-D-9ESW = 149 grams (0.33 lb)
● HWIC-D-9ESW-POE = 196 grams (0.43 lb)
● SNMP and Telnet interface support delivers comprehensive in-band management, and a CLI management console provides detailed out-of-band management.
● An embedded Remote Monitoring (RMON) software agent supports four RMON groups (history, statistics, alarms, and events) for enhanced traffic management, monitoring, and analysis.
● A Switched Port Analyzer (SPAN) port can mirror traffic from one or many ports to another port for monitoring all nine RMON groups with an RMON probe or network analyzer.
● Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) reduces the cost of administering software upgrades by downloading from a centralized location.
● Network Timing Protocol (NTP) provides an accurate and consistent time stamp to all switches within theintranet.
● Two LEDs per port provide convenient visual indication of the port link and inline power status.
● Crash information support helps enable a switch to generate a crash file for improved troubleshooting.
● Show-interface capabilities provide information about the configuration capabilities of any interface.
● The Response Time Monitoring (RTTMON) MIB allows users to monitor network performance between the HWIC switch and a remote device.
Connectors and Cabling
● 10BASE-T ports: RJ-45 connectors, two-pair Category 3, 4, or 5 unshielded twisted-pair (UTP) cabling
● 100BASE-TX ports: RJ-45 connectors; two-pair Category 5 UTP cabling
● Link status LED: One LED per port for indicating link status
● Inline power LED: One LED per port system for inline power status indication