Autosensing, autonegotiation, and automatic media-dependent interface crossover
Model (Available): HWIC 2FE
2-Port Fast Ethernet High-Speed WIC for Cisco Integrated Services Routers
The Layer 3 Cisco 1- and 2-Port Fast Ethernet High-Speed WAN interface cards (HWICs) supported on Cisco Integrated Services Routers offer small-to-large-sized businesses and enterprise branch-office customers the option to add Layer 3 routed ports with many advanced features, including quality-of-service (QoS) and rate-limiting capabilities.
The new HWICs provide additional Layer 3 routed ports with features equivalent to those on the motherboard of the integrated services routers. These Fast Ethernet interfaces can be used for physical LAN segregation, creation of a demilitarized zone (DMZ), or as a WAN interface. Broadband customers can use them to connect to an alternate provider that delivers service on an Ethernet port.
The Cisco Fast Ethernet HWICs are singlewide interface cards, available as a 1-port HWIC (HWIC-1FE) and as a 2-port HWIC (HWIC-2FE), that provide Cisco modular and integrated services routers with additional Layer 3 routed ports.
The Fast Ethernet routed ports on the HWICs have the same characteristics and features as the onboard LAN interfaces for the integrated-services-router platforms. Along with Layer 3 connectivity, such as per-port access control lists (ACLs), routing, and IP addressing, these HWICs provide functions equivalent to those of onboard Fast Ethernet routed ports. The following is a partial list of features supported in Cisco IOS® Software for the Fast Ethernet HWICs.
Ethernet and VLAN Features
● IEEE802.3 with IEEE802.2 Service Advertising Protocol (SAP)
● IEEE802.3 with IEEE802.2 and Subnetwork Access Protocol (SNAP)
● IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tagging
● Autosensing, autonegotiation, and automatic media-dependent interface crossover
● Unique MAC address (not shared with any other interface on the router), assigned MAC address to interface, and subinterfaces
● Network Management Features
● Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) support
● Cisco NetFlow accounting
● Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED)
● Precedence setting and mapping (802.1p)
● Committed access rate (CAR)
● MAC address filtering
● Extended ACLs
● Voice and remaining QoS features, per platform and per Cisco IOS Software release
● Cisco Group Management Protocol and Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) for multicasting
● High availability, supporting Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP), Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP), and Gateway Load Balancing Protocol (GLBP)
● MPLS features as supported by platform
● Generic routing encapsulation (GRE)
● IP Security (IPsec) (crypto map)
● Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol Version 3 (L2TPv3) tunnel termination
● Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) client and server
● Network Address Translation (NAT)
● Generic Traffic Shaping (GTS)
● Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) bind
● IBM features
● Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet (PPPoE) client
MIBs Supported by the HWIC-1FE and HWIC-2FE
Note: These two HWIC modules do not support Jumbo Frames.
● UL 1950 (United States)
● CSA-C22.2 #950 (Canada)
● EN60950 (Europe)
● TUV GS (Germany)
● IEC 950 (International)
● EN55024 and CISPR24
● FCC Part 15
● Class A ICES-003
● Class AEN55022
● Class A CISPR22
● Class AAS and NZS 3548
● Class AVCCI
● Class A EN 300386 EN61000-3-3 EN61000-3-2
● Singlewide HWIC form factor
Dimensions (W x D x H)
● 3.08 x 4.74 x 0.76 in.
● 1-Port: 0.14 lbs or 2.24 oz.
● 2-Port: 0.16 lbs or 2.56 oz.
● Operating temperature: 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
● Storage temperature: -4 to 149°F (-20 to 65°C)
● Relative humidity: 10 to 90%, noncondensing