Switch SG300-28 28-Port Gigabit Managed Switch SG300-28MP 28-port Gigabit
More Info: External link
Cisco Small Business 300 Series Managed Switch
The Cisco 300 Series, part of the Cisco Small Business line of network solutions, is a portfolio of affordable managed switches that provides a reliable foundation for your business network. These switches deliver the features you need to improve the availability of your critical business applications, protect your sensitive information, and optimize your network bandwidth to deliver information and applications more effectively. Easy to set up and use, the Cisco 300 Series provides the ideal combination of affordability and capabilities for small businesses, and helps you create a more efficient, better-connected workforce.
Whether you need a basic high-performance network to connect employee computers or a solution to deliver data, voice, and video services, the Cisco 300 Series offers a solution to meet your needs. Possible deployment scenarios include:
● Secure desktop connectivity: Cisco 300 Series Switches can simply and securely connect employees working in small offices with each other and with all of the servers, printers, and other devices they use. High performance and reliable connectivity helps speed file transfers and data processing, improves network uptime, and keeps your employees connected and productive.
● Secure Wireless connectivity: With its advanced Security features, Power over Ethernet, Auto Smartports, QoS, VLAN and Access Control features, the Cisco 300 Series Switches are the perfect foundation to add Business Grade wireless to an SMB network.
● Unified communications: As a managed network solution, the Cisco 300 Series provides the performance and advanced traffic-handling intelligence you need to deliver all communications and data over a single network. Cisco offers a complete portfolio of IP telephony and other unified communications products designed for small businesses. Cisco 300 Series Switches have been rigorously tested to help ensure easy integration and full compatibility with these and other products, providing a complete small business solution.
● Highly secure guest connectivity. Cisco 300 Series Switches let you extend highly secure network connectivity to guests in a variety of settings, such as a hotel, an office waiting room, or any other area open to nonemployee users. Using powerful but easy-to-configure security and traffic segmentation capabilities, you can isolate your vital business traffic from guest services and keep guests’ network sessions private from each other.
Features and Benefits
Cisco 300 Series Switches provide security, performance, traffic management, and other capabilities – optimized and customized, and at the right price for small businesses. The Cisco 300 Series provides:
● High performance and reliability: Cisco 300 Series Switches have been rigorously tested to deliver the high availability and performance you expect from a Cisco switch. The solutions speed up file transfer times and improve slow, sluggish networks, while keeping your vital business applications available and preventing costly downtime. As a managed switching solution, the Cisco 300 Series also gives you the flexibility to manage and prioritize high-bandwidth traffic such as voice. That means you can empower your employees with state-of-the-art communication and productivity solutions, without draining the performance of your other business applications.
● Fast, easy setup and configuration: Cisco 300 Series Switches are designed to be easy to use and manage by small businesses and the partners who serve them. The included device manager software provides an intuitive, web-based interface to simplify setup, security, and quality of service (QoS) traffic prioritization, allowing even users without IT expertise to configure the switch in minutes. Cisco also provides a Cisco FindIT Network Discovery Utility. This utility that works through a simple toolbar on the user’s web browser to discover Cisco devices in the network and display basic information, such as serial numbers and IP addresses, to aid in the configuration and deployment of Cisco Small Business products. For more information, and to download the utility, please visit http://www.cisco.com/go/findi
● Strong security: The Cisco 300 Series Switches provide a high level of security and give you fine- grained control to safeguard your network from unauthorized users. Advanced security features include:
◦Embedded security to protect management data traveling to and from the switch and encrypt network communications.
◦Extensive access control lists (ACLs) to restrict sensitive portions of the network from unauthorized users and guard against network attacks.
◦Guest virtual LANs (VLANs) to let you provide Internet connectivity to nonemployee users while isolating critical business services from guest traffic.
◦Support for advanced network security applications such as IEEE 802.1X port security to tightly limit access to specific segments of your network. Web based authentication provides a consistent interface to authenticate all types of host devices and operating systems, without the complexity of deploying IEEE 802.1X clients on each endpoint.
◦Time based ACLs and Port Operation restrict access to the network during predesignated times, such as business hours.
◦Security mechanisms such as, Bridge Protocol Data Unit (BPDU) Guard and broadcast/multicast/unknown unicast storm control, protect the network from invalid configurations or malicious intent.
◦Secure Core Technology (SCT) helps ensure that the switch will receive and process management and protocol traffic no matter how much traffic is received.
◦Advanced defense mechanisms, including Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI), IP Source Guard, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) snooping, detect and block deliberate network attacks. Combinations of these protocols are also referred to as IPMB (IP-MAC-port binding).
◦IPv6 First Hop Security extends the advanced threat protection to IPv6. This comprehensive security suite includes ND inspection, RA guard, DHCPv6 guard and neighbor binding integrity check, providing unparalleled protection against a vast range of address spoofing and man in the middle attack on IPv6 networks.
◦DOS (denial-of-service) attack prevention maximizes network uptime in the presence of an attack.
◦Protection of management sessions using Radius, TACACS+ and local database authentication as well as secure management sessions over SSL, SSH, and SNMPv3.
●IP telephony support: Cisco 300 Series Switches include embedded QoS intelligence to prioritize delay-sensitive services such as voice and video, simplify unified communications deployments, and help ensure consistent network performance for all services. For example, automated voice VLAN capabilities let you plug any IP phone (including third-party phones) into your IP telephony network and receive an immediate dial tone. The switch automatically configures the device with the right VLAN and QoS parameters to prioritize voice traffic.
●Networkwide Automatic Voice Deployment: Using a combination of CDP, LLDP-MED, Auto Smartports, and VSDP (Voice Services Discovery Protocol – a unique patent-pending Cisco protocol), customers can deploy an end-to-end voice network dynamically. The switches in the network automatically converge around a single voice VLAN and QoS parameters and then propagate them out to the phones on the ports where they are discovered. For example, automated voice VLAN capabilities let you plug any IP phone (including third-party phones) into your IP telephony network and receive an immediate dial tone. The switch automatically configures the device with the right VLAN and QoS parameters to prioritize voice traffic.
Switching capacity and forwarding rate 9.52 -> (Capacity in Millions of Packets per Second (mpps) (64-byte packets)
12.8 -> Switching Capacity in Gigabits per Second (Gbps)
Layer 2 Switching
Spanning Tree Protocol (STP): Standard 802.1d Spanning Tree support
Fast convergence using 802.1w (Rapid Spanning Tree [RSTP]), enabled by default
8 instances are supported
Multiple Spanning Tree instances using 802.1s (MSTP)
Port grouping: Support for IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)
● Up to 8 groups
● Up to 8 ports per group with 16 candidate ports for each (dynamic) 802.3ad link aggregation
VLAN: Support for up to 4096 VLANs simultaneously Port-based and 802.1Q tag-based VLANs MAC-based VLAN
Private VLAN Edge (PVE), also known as protected ports, with multiple uplinks
Guest VLAN Unauthenticated VLAN
Dynamic VLAN assignment via Radius server along with 802.1x client authentication
IGMP Querier: IGMP querier is used to support a Layer 2 multicast domain of snooping switches in the absence of a multicast router
Head-of-line (HOL) blocking: HOL blocking prevention
Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol: SSH is a secure replacement for Telnet traffic. SCP also uses SSH. SSH v1 and v2 are supported
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): SSL support: Encrypts all HTTPS traffic, allowing highly secure access to the browser-based management GUI in the switch
Web Based Authentication: Web based authentication provides network admission control through web browser to any host devices and operating systems.
Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI): The switch discards ARP packets from a port if there is no static or dynamic IP/MAC bindings or if there is a discrepancy between the source or destination address in the ARP packet. This prevents man-in-the-middle attacks.