SG300-28PP supports upto 512 ACLs rules, Support for IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)
More Info: External link
Cisco 300 Series Switches
The Cisco 300 Series, part of the Cisco Small Business line of network solutions, is a portfolio of affordable managed switches that provides a reliable foundation for your business network. These switches deliver the features you need to improve the availability of your critical business applications, protect your sensitive information, and optimize your network bandwidth to deliver information and applications more effectively. Easy to set up and use, the Cisco 300 Series provides the ideal combination of affordability and capabilities for small businesses, and helps you create a more efficient, better-connected workforce.
The Cisco 300 Series is broad portfolio of fixed-configuration managed Ethernet switches. Models are available with 8 to 48 ports of Fast Ethernet and 10 to 52 ports of Gigabit Ethernet connectivity, providing optimal flexibility to create exactly the right network foundation for your business. However, unlike other small business switching solutions that provide managed network capabilities only in the costliest models, all Cisco 300 Series Switches support the advanced security management capabilities and network features you need to support business-class data, voice, security, and wireless technologies. At the same time, these switches are simple to deploy and configure, allowing you to take advantage of the managed network services your business needs.
Whether you need a basic high-performance network to connect employee computers or a solution to deliver data, voice, and video services, the Cisco 300 Series offers a solution to meet your needs. Possible deployment scenarios include:
● Secure desktop connectivity: Cisco 300 Series Switches can simply and securely connect employees working in small offices with each other and with all of the servers, printers, and other devices they use. High performance and reliable connectivity helps speed file transfers and data processing, improves network uptime, and keeps your employees connected and productive.
● Secure Wireless connectivity: With its advanced Security features, Power over Ethernet, Auto Smartports, QoS, VLAN and Access Control features, the Cisco 300 Series Switches are the perfect foundation to add Business Grade wireless to an SMB network.
● Unified communications: As a managed network solution, the Cisco 300 Series provides the performance and advanced traffic-handling intelligence you need to deliver all communications and data over a single network. Cisco offers a complete portfolio of IP telephony and other unified communications products designed for small businesses. Cisco 300 Series Switches have been rigorously tested to help ensure easy integration and full compatibility with these and other products, providing a complete small business solution.
● Highly secure guest connectivity. Cisco 300 Series Switches let you extend highly secure network connectivity to guests in a variety of settings, such as a hotel, an office waiting room, or any other area open to nonemployee users. Using powerful but easy-to-configure security and traffic segmentation capabilities, you can isolate your vital business traffic from guest services and keep guests’ network sessions private from each other.
Features and Benefits
Cisco 300 Series Switches provide security, performance, traffic management, and other capabilities – optimized and customized, and at the right price for small businesses. The Cisco 300 Series provides:
● High performance and reliability: Cisco 300 Series Switches have been rigorously tested to deliver the high availability and performance you expect from a Cisco switch. The solutions speed up file transfer times and improve slow, sluggish networks, while keeping your vital business applications available and preventing costly downtime. As a managed switching solution, the Cisco 300 Series also gives you the flexibility to manage and prioritize high-bandwidth traffic such as voice. That means you can empower your employees with state-of-the-art communication and productivity solutions, without draining the performance of your other business applications.
● Fast, easy setup and configuration: Cisco 300 Series Switches are designed to be easy to use and manage by small businesses and the partners who serve them. The included device manager software provides an intuitive, web-based interface to simplify setup, security, and quality of service (QoS) traffic prioritization, allowing even users without IT expertise to configure the switch in minutes. Cisco also provides a Cisco FindIT Network Discovery Utility. This utility that works through a simple toolbar on the user’s web browser to discover Cisco devices in the network and display basic information, such as serial numbers and IP addresses, to aid in the configuration and deployment of Cisco Small Business products.
● Power over Ethernet: Cisco 300 Series Switches are available with up to 48 PoE ports of Fast Ethernet or Gigabit Ethernet connectivity. This capability simplifies advanced technology deployments such as IP telephony, wireless, and IP surveillance by allowing you to connect and power network endpoints over a single Ethernet cable. With no need to install separate power supplies for IP phones or wireless access points, you can take advantage of advanced communications technologies more quickly, and at a lower cost. Some models support both IEEE 802.3af PoE and IEEE 802.3at PoE+ while others support IEEE 802.3af PoE only.
● IP telephony support: Cisco 300 Series Switches include embedded QoS intelligence to prioritize delay-sensitive services such as voice and video, simplify unified communications deployments, and help ensure consistent network performance for all services. For example, automated voice VLAN capabilities let you plug any IP phone (including third-party phones) into your IP telephony network and receive an immediate dial tone. The switch automatically configures the device with the right VLAN and QoS parameters to prioritize voice traffic.
● Networkwide Automatic Voice Deployment: Using a combination of CDP, LLDP-MED, Auto Smartports, and VSDP (Voice Services Discovery Protocol – a unique patent-pending Cisco protocol), customers can deploy an end-to-end voice network dynamically. The switches in the network automatically converge around a single voice VLAN and QoS parameters and then propagate them out to the phones on the ports where they are discovered. For example, automated voice VLAN capabilities let you plug any IP phone (including third-party phones) into your IP telephony network and receive an immediate dial tone. The switch automatically configures the device with the right VLAN and QoS parameters to prioritize voice traffic.
● Expansion ports: The Cisco 300 Series provides more ports per Gigabit Ethernet switch than traditional switch models, giving you more flexibility to connect and empower your business. Gigabit Ethernet models feature 28- and 52-port switches, versus traditional devices that offer 20 or 44 ports with four shared ports giving you more value. The Cisco 300 Series also offers mini gigabit interface converter (mini-GBIC) expansion slots that give you the option to add fiber-optic or Gigabit Ethernet uplink connectivity to the switch. With the ability to increase the connectivity range of the switches, you have more flexibility to design your network around your unique business environment, and to easily connect switches on different floors or across the business.
● Multiple languages: The Cisco 300 Series is available in seven languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, and simplified Chinese. All product user interfaces and documentation are translated, giving you the ability to select your preferred language.
● Service and Support: Cisco 300 Series Switches are backed by the Cisco Small Business Support Service, which provides affordable peace-of-mind coverage. This subscription-based service helps you protect your investment and derive maximum value from Cisco Small Business products. Delivered by Cisco and backed by your trusted partner, this comprehensive service includes software updates, access to the Cisco Small Business Support Center, and extends technical service to three years. Cisco Small Business products are supported by professionals in Cisco Small Business Support Center locations worldwide who are specifically trained to understand your needs. The Cisco Small Business Support Community, an online forum, enables you to collaborate with your peers and reach Cisco technical experts for support information.
Switching capacity and forwarding rate: 41.67-Capacity in Millions of Packets per Second (mpps) (64-byte packets)
56.0-Switching Capacity in Gigabits per Second (Gbps)
Layer 2 Switching
Spanning Tree Protocol (STP): Standard 802.1d Spanning Tree support
Fast convergence using 802.1w (Rapid Spanning Tree [RSTP]), enabled by default
8 instances are supported
Multiple Spanning Tree instances using 802.1s (MSTP)
Q-in-Q VLAN: VLANs transparently cross a service provider network while isolating traffic among customers
Unidirectional Link Detection (UDLD): UDLD monitors physical connection to detect unidirectional links caused by incorrect wiring or cable/port faults to prevent forwarding loops and blackholing of traffic in switched networks
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Relay at Layer 2: Relay of DHCP traffic to DHCP server in different VLAN. Works with DHCP Option 82
Jumbo Frames: Up to 9K (9216) bytes
Port grouping: Support for IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)
● Up to 8 groups
● Up to 8 ports per group with 16 candidate ports for each (dynamic) 802.3ad link aggregation
VLAN: Support for up to 4096 VLANs simultaneously Port-based and 802.1Q tag-based VLANs MAC-based VLAN
Private VLAN Edge (PVE), also known as protected ports, with multiple uplinks
Guest VLAN Unauthenticated VLAN
Dynamic VLAN assignment via Radius server along with 802.1x client authentication
Voice VLAN: Voice traffic is automatically assigned to a voice-specific VLAN and treated with appropriate levels of QoS.
Auto voice capabilities deliver network-wide zero touch deployment of voice endpoints and call control devices.
Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) versions 1, 2, and 3 snooping: IGMP limits bandwidth-intensive multicast traffic to only the requesters; supports 1K multicast groups (source-specific multicasting is also supported)
IGMP Querier: IGMP querier is used to support a Layer 2 multicast domain of snooping switches in the absence of a multicast router
IPv4 routing: Wirespeed routing of IPv4 packets
Up to 512 static routes and up to 128 IP interfaces
Layer 3 Interface: Configuration of layer 3 interface on physical port, LAG, VLAN interface or Loopback interface
DHCP relay at Layer 3: Relay of DHCP traffic across IP domains
User Datagram Protocol (UDP) relay: Relay of broadcast information across Layer 3 domains for application discovery or relaying of BootP/DHCP packets
Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol: SSH is a secure replacement for Telnet traffic. SCP also uses SSH. SSH v1 and v2 are supported
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): SSL support: Encrypts all HTTPS traffic, allowing highly secure access to the browser-based management GUI in the switch
Web Based Authentication: Web based authentication provides network admission control through web browser to any host devices and operating systems.
STP Root Guard: This prevents edge devices not in the network administrator’s control from becoming Spanning Tree Protocol root nodes.
Port security: The ability to lock Source MAC addresses to ports, and limits the number of learned MAC addresses.
Storm control: Broadcast, multicast, and unknown unicast
DoS prevention: Denial-of-Service (DOS) attack prevention